Sunday, August 14, 2011

A Night of Stars

Wednesday night through Friday morning felt like one, big, relaxing adventure. Not all of it qualifies under my conditions, unfortunately, but I wanted to preface my account with the point that I thoroughly enjoyed the small adventures I did have.

Well, it all started with Jon's goodbye party. He invited a few friends from the resort and we grilled dinner at a park in La Verkin. I haven't had that much fun with ZPR friends all summer. The steak was wonderful, the corn was amazing, and the company surpassed it all.

After cleaning up, Michelle and I went to her place to crash. Unfortunately the house was uncomfortably warm and muggy. The obvious solution was also the most exciting: we slept outside. Her horse, Sugar, and her cat, Shasta, were intrigued by our presence in the yard. Once they had settled down a bit, we relaxed and drifted off to sleep. I haven't slept under the stars in years! It was the perfect temperature: not so hot as to be muggy, but not so cold as to require sleeping bags. 

The next morning I woke up when the tree shade had moved and left me directly under the blazing sun. When the shade moved off of Michelle, she came in and joined me in her room. We decided that hunger was the next problem to solve and headed out to IHOP. 

I love IHOP. Let me tell you, you don't appreciate a wonderful breakfast until you have eaten the same thing that you don't really want every morning for 4 months. 

We continued to play around St George for a few hours. I even got a feather extension!! It isn't quite where I want it, so I'll have to find somewhere in Provo where they can move it. But no matter, I love the colors and I'm really excited to have something new in my hair. 

Most of the rest of the day we watched movies. But I did sit in her front yard and eat fresh pecans. That was super exciting. I love pecans, and I've never seen a pecan tree, let alone eaten fresh pecans from one!

Again, not super exciting compared to what many people would do on a day off, but I enjoyed my adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment