Sunday, October 2, 2011

A Series of Little Adventures

Unfortunately, none of my adventures this week really had any photo opportunities. But I'll tell you anyways!

First, I applied to Marriott International, Inc. for the management training program. I'm really hoping to get a position and start working with them. I'll be applying to other jobs this coming week, but Marriott is my number one choice at this time. I talked to the recruiters at the career fair, and emailed the head of college recruiting. The program is very instructive and would help me really understand the Marriott culture as a member of it before moving into a management position.

My second adventure was to apply for graduation. I filled out the form online, talked to my advisement center, planned next semester's classes, and got my application approved! April 2012, here I come!

Finally, at the football game this Friday, I hugged a random stranger. This happened with 11 seconds or so left on the clock, after Riley threw that magical pass that was beautifully caught right in the endzone! My excitement spilled forth, I began hugging all those around me, including the nice boy to my right who I'd only met at the beginning of the quarter. Who knows if I'll ever see him again, but that doesn't matter. The play was so wonderful, hugs had to be shared with everyone!

Well, that's it for this week, I hope to have something more exciting next week. Let me know if you have any suggestions!

1 comment:

  1. Those are the best adventures, Sam. The ones you stay home for. A drink at the pub and Rosie Cotton. Never need to step outside your own front door. Every random stranger needs a hug.

    Heres my hug to you OOOOOO.

    ReplyDelete